"Growing your future one skill at a time"
The Workforce and Professional Development Institute provides training, consulting, and cutting-edge courses for businesses, professionals, and the community through its six areas: Center for Personal Enrichment, Client Solutions, Continuing Professional Development, Illinois Procurement Technical Assistance Center, Illinois Small Business Development & International Trade Center, and Judicial Services.
- Center for Personal Enrichment
- Youth and gifted education, classes for hobbyists, subject matter enthusiasts, arts, entertainment, history, cooking, life planning and life-long learners
- Client Solutions
- Customized training for large businesses including leadership, finance, operations, logistics, communications and team dynamics
- Continuing Professional Development
- Cutting-edge courses and certifications for professionals and semi-professionals in a variety of disciplines and industries
- IL Procurement Technical Assistance Center
- Counseling to prepare for and secure public sector contracts including municipal, state and federal
- IL Small Business Development & International Trade Center
- One-on-One counseling and classes to start and grow profitable small business including international trade consulting, marketing, financing and operations
- Judicial Services
- Award-winning programs including Driver Safety for adults and teens, substance abuse, family violence, parenting and victim impact