Judicial Services - Defensive Driving Courses
Since 1991, the College of Lake County's Judicial Services Department has offered the National Safety Council's Defensive Driving Courses for motorists who are under court supervision for minor traffic violations in Lake County. Class content emphasizes defensive driving habits, including rules of the road, collision prevention tactics, and the everyday driving situations that motorists face. Classes are offered in both English and Spanish.
- Defensive Driving Course DDC-4 $40.00 (4 hours)
- Defensive Driving Course DDC-4 $40.00 (Internet Course. Must be 18 or older to enroll.)
- Defensive Driving Alive at 25 $40.00 (Designed for drivers 16 to 24 years old - 4 hours)
- Defensive Driving Course DDC-8* $60.00 (8 hours)
- Defensive Driving Course DDC-ADD* $85.00 (Attitudinal Dynamics of Driving - 8 hours)
- Substance Abuse Module* $40.00 (4 hours)
* DDC-8, DDC-ADD and the Substance Abuse Module have limited course availability. Register early in order to ensure your admittance into these courses.
Students must be pre-registered and prepaid to receive specific class information and confirmation.
The College of Lake County is not responsible for lost, late, or undeliverable mail. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that they receive the course assignment in order to complete their supervision conditions.
To Schedule a Class
If you received your application from the ticketing officer and you have not reached the court date listed on the ticket, follow the directions listed on the diversion form: Diversion Form (English) or Diversion Form (Spanish). Only use this Diversion Form if your court date on the bottom of your ticket has not passed. Mail in your signed "Application for Court Supervision and Plea of Guilty Form", fill out the registration form, and mail in with your payment in the envelope provided. You will be notified by mail of your exact class assignment. Or go to the Clerk of the Circuit Court for further registration directions and information.
If you appeared in court with the judge on your court date, mail in the form immediately Court Referral Registration Form with your payment for the specific course. You will be notified by mail of your exact class assignment.
- To Reschedule a Class
- If you can not attend your schedule class, you may reschedule before the class date by calling 847-543-2185 and speak to an clerk. Or you can fax your request for rescheduling to (847) 543-2188, or email us at email@example.com with your rescheduling requests.
Locations & Directions
- CLC Grayslake Campus
- CLC Lakeshore Campus
- CLC Southlake Campus
- Lake Barrington Municipal Center (LBAR)
- Round Lake Branch Court
Wauconda Park District, 600 N. Main St., Wauconda
The Wauconda Park District is one mile north of Route 176 on Main Street. It is on the east side of the street, across from the Wauconda High School. Please observe the parking directions for the Driver Safety Program.
For more program information and course details go to Lake County Driver Safety Program.